Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Assignment 2

Before I went to edit this picture, it was very colorless and gloomy. I went and tried to find a way to bring the color of the trees to add warmth almost like it was beginning to be spring. So I went and adjusted the color balance and added color into the green of the trees. Then I went and changed the vibrance to bring light so it was eye popping.
I really wanted the lining in the clouds to be more vibrant and bright so in adjusting this image, I simply just played around with the vibrance. After I felt the vibrance was where I wanted it to be I adjusted the color balance to bring the bottom of the clouds to a more darker setting.
I found this small tree quite boring and tasteless. With its few leaves that have a natural maroonish purple color in the spring and summer were a dark almost black looking in the picture. I wanted to bring a plum color in so I cropped a section off and only changed the color balance till the leaves looked red and purple. I then adjusted the vibrance and saturation to bring darkness into the leaves so there were not so bright. I felt like this picture would have been taken in the spring, beside the deadness of the leaves.
This picture was very dull and boring. My main focus was the red bushes that were not so red before. What I decided to do was crop out a lot of the background and really bring out the natural color of the bushes. I went in and adjusted the tone and contrast. After, I then just changed the color balance of the midtones and highlights more towards the red until it looked natural.
When I took this picture I adjusted my camera so the background was the focus and the close up of the one branch was blurry. I really just wanted to bring the color back into this picture so I changed the tone and then I just adjusted the brightness to make it seem light outside, funny thing was, the sun had already been set in this picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment